Quality and Comprehensive Spine Care on the Central Coast
If you’re suffering from back pain, have a long-term spine condition or are living with the realities of normal wear and tear, the Tenet Health Central Coast Spine Center can help. Our UCSF Health affiliation further elevates our ability to provide advanced spine and back care locally to San Luis Obispo County.
Your care involves taking time to understand your individual needs, establish an accurate diagnosis, education on the likely cause of pain and potential treatment options and recovery. We focus on exploring all your nonsurgical options first and if you
need surgery, our specially trained surgeons are ready to provide the best surgical options based on your condition. We provide a range of treatment options including, pain management, rehabilitation therapy and minimally invasive procedures.
Although most back and neck pain go away with pain treatments and lifestyle modifications, you should talk to your doctor to better understand your symptoms. Let us help you get back in motion for the life you want to lead, call 833-721-0083 to make an appointment. We have a specialized team of healthcare providers including our affiliation with nationally-ranked UCSF Health.
Why Choose Tenet Health Central Coast for Your Spine Health?
Fortunately, most back and neck problems go away with rest and medication, but some back and spinal disorders may require lifelong pain management and rehabilitation therapy. The role of Tenet Health Central Coast is to help you navigate your spine care
journey through personalized and compassionate care. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan, including making timely appointments and referring you to additional doctors, should they be required.
What Conditions Do We Help Treat?
- Back or spine fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
We offer the following treatments:
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injection therapies
- Interruption and blocking techniques to stop pain signals from reaching the brain
- Electrodiagnostic testing, which is used to diagnose injuries and disorders of the peripheral nervous system (this testing includes analysis of the complex connections of the spinal nervous system and common conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Diagnostic Imaging, including cervical, and lumbar discograms
- Cervical, lumbar, and thoracic transforaminal epidural injections to ease pain in the lower back, mid-back and neck
- Lumbar and cervical intralaminar injections to decrease inflammation and irritation of nerve roots or herniated disks
- Costovertebral joint injections to help ease breathing
- Minimally invasive spine surgeries – a technique that uses smaller incisions that, generally, can reduce the risks involved with traditional surgery
- Holistic and physical therapies
What Can I Expect?
Our Tenet Health Central Coast and UCSF Health spine specialists are trained to evaluate and treat conditions affecting the spine, back and neck. They use various tools to diagnose or rule out spine conditions.
To help determine if an injury, aging or an underlying condition is causing your symptoms, your doctor will ask about your medical and family history, followed by a physical exam to check the following:
- If you have limited movement
- If you have pain or symptoms while doing certain movements, such as bending backward or bending forward
- Neurological function, such as sensation, muscle strength and reflexes in the arms and legs
- Your balance
- How you walk
To help develop an effective treatment plan, your provider may also recommend:
- Blood tests
- Bone scans
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Urine tests
Find a Back and Spine Specialist on the Central Coast
The spine plays an essential role in your ability to move. People with spinal diseases may suffer from limited movement and chronic pain. Our team can help you revive the days before back pain. We provide a multidisciplinary, integrated, comprehensive
approach to managing painful conditions. Now is a good time to see a back pain specialist at our Tenet Health Central Coast Spine Center.
Our experienced and dedicated spine care team is here to help you every step of the way from diagnosis to rehabilitation. We work closely with surgical colleagues and therapists to develop strategies for optimizing pain and function. Our UCSF Health affiliation further elevates our ability to provide advanced technology and treatment.
Let us help you get back in motion for the life you want to lead, call 833-721-0083 to make an appointment and we'll connect you to our dedicated staff to provide helpful information about our doctors and
assist you in making an appointment. If it's an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.