Sierra Vista Volunteers Award $15,500 In DonationsMay 26, 2016
The Volunteer Auxiliary at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center has awarded $15,500 in donations and scholarships to 16 local non-profit organizations. The awards included:
- $3,000: Cuesta College Foundation Nursing Program Book Grants; Cal Poly Endowment Fund
- $1,500: Cuesta College Foundation Student Scholarships; Cuesta College Foundation Eleanor Sears Endowment Fund
- $1,000: SLO Noor Foundation; Student Scholarship to student volunteer Julia Stohr
- $500: American Cancer Society Walk; Hospice Partners of the Central Coast; Meals on Wheels SLO; Meals on Wheels Five Cities; Prado Day Center; Transitions Mental Health Association; SLO County YMCA
- $250: Hospice of SLO County; Senior Nutrition Program
Founded in 1974 with 12 volunteers, today the Sierra Vista Volunteer Auxiliary boasts more than 100 volunteers doing everything from running the gift shop, to greeting visitors at the front desk to cuddling babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Last year, the Volunteers contributed more than 23,000 hours to the hospital.
To learn more about becoming a volunteer at Sierra Vista, click here, or stop by the front desk to pick up an application.