Sierra Vista Volunteers Award $13,500 in Donations & ScholarshipsMay 14, 2017
The Volunteer Auxiliary at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center has awarded $13,500 in donations and scholarships to 15 local non-profit organizations. The awards included:
- $2,000: Cuesta College Foundation Nursing Program Book Grants; Cal Poly Endowment Fund
- $2,000: Cal Poly Endowment Fund
- $1,500: Cuesta College Foundation Student Scholarships; Cuesta College Foundation Eleanor Sears Endowment Fund
- $1,000: Transitions Mental Health Association; Student Scholarship to Jennifer Tran, Sierra Vista Volunteer Auxiliary
- $500: Hospice of SLO County; Meals on Wheels San Luis Obispo; Meals on Wheels Morro Bay; Meals on Wheels 5 Cities; Prado Day Center; Senior Nutrition Program; SLO Noor Foundation
Founded in 1974 with 12 volunteers, today the Sierra Vista Volunteer Auxiliary boasts more than 100 volunteers doing everything from running the gift shop, to greeting visitors at the front desk to cuddling babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Last year, the Volunteers contributed more than 23,000 hours to the hospital.